Opening Hours

Chadwick Practice

08:00 - 18:00
Thu 30 Jun
08:00 - 18:00
Fri 1 Jul
08:00 - 18:00
Sat 2 Jul
Sun 3 Jul
Mon 4 Jul
08:00 - 18:00
Tue 5 Jul
08:00 - 18:00

Pharmacy Opening Times over the Easter Bank Holiday break

Please Click here for the pharmacy opening times over the festive period.

When We Are Closed

NHS 111

If you require assistance outside of our working hours, please call 111 who will give medical advice and direct you to an appropriate service.

This service is free from landlines and mobiles.  When you call 111 a trained advisor will ask you questions to find out what’s wrong give you medical advice and direct you to someone who can help you, like an out-of-hours doctor or a community nurse.

If the advisor thinks your condition is more serious, they will direct you to hospital or send and ambulance.  If you don’t speak English, tell the advisor what language you want to speak and they will get an interpreter.  You can call 111 any time of the day or night.

Call 111 if you need medical help fast, but it is not life threatening – for example

  • Think you need to go into hospital?
  • Don’t know who to call for medical help?
  • Don’t have a GP to call?
  • Need medical advice or reassurance about what to do next?

For health needs that are not urgent you should call your GP.

NHS 111 Online

111 online is a fast and convenient alternative to the 111 phone service and provides an option for people who want to access 111 digitally. 

Your needs will be assessed and you will be given advice about whether you need:

  • Treat yourself at home
  • Go to a Primary Care Centre

If you need face to face medical attention you may be asked to attend a Primary Care Centre.

Click here to access NHS 111 online or call 111 to speak to a staff member.

Walk-in Centres

Walk-in Centres are GP led health centres – open from 8.00 am til 8 pm, 7 days a week.  Hartlepool’s walk-in centre is at University Hospital of Hartlepool – please ring 111 who direct to an appointment

Minor Injuries Unit

For treatment of minor injuries without an appointment, is available at University Hospital of Hartlepool – please ring 111 who will direct you to an appropriate service.

A&E (Accident and Emergency)

A&E is an emergency service that should only be used when people are badly injured or show symptoms of critical illness.

Teeside’s A&E departments are at

  • University Hospital of North Tees, Hardwick Road, Stockton, TS19 8PE
  • James Cook University Hospital, Marton Road, Middlesbrough, TS4 3BW

A&E is not for minor injuries such as small bumps and cuts or minor illnesses such as choughs, flu and earache or for illnesses which you have had for a number of days.

Call 999

999 is an emergency service that should only be used when people are badly injuried or show the symptoms of critical illness.

If you think a patient is suffering from one of the following you must dial 999

  • Heart Attack
  • Sudden unexplained shortness of breath
  • Heavy Bleeding
  • Unconsciousness (even if the patient has regained consciousness)
  • Traumatic back/spinal/neck pain
  • Stroke